Have you heard? Several new additions to the District have recently arrived, with several more arriving soon. Check out the latest additions and "coming attractions" below, and feel free share with others that might be interested.
- NOW OPEN: Gemini Beer Co. Taproom is now open in Classroom #5 of the Lowell School. Gemini offers award-winning craft beer, nightly special events, and discounts to all District constituents. Gemini's opening also brings...
- New food truck options: The District will have a rotating food truck parked behind the Lowell School on most of the days that Gemini is open. Everyone is welcome to patronize the food trucks, as no Gemini purchase is required.
- April: Blue Heron Gourmet Spices, Coffees, Teas, Etc. in Classroom #5A will be expanding their presence in the Lowell School in early April. After their expansion, Blue Heron will be able to offer more of their unique and hard-to-find culinary items, as well as a few new services. Blue Heron also offers discounts to all District constituents.
The Lowell Village Commons
- Spring: Additional public seating will be added to the existing public seating on the Lowell Village Commons (the lawn in front of the Lowell School). A reminder: No purchase of any kind is necessary to use the public seating on the Commons. The Commons is legally-designated as public open space, meaning that everyone is welcome to use and enjoy it for free!
- Summer: A new "Music on the Commons" community concert series is currently being booked out. The small concerts will feature both local and out-of-town bands and will happen once-a-month from May to September. The Grand Junction Centennial Band is the first confirmed concert on the District's events calendar. All concerts this summer will be free and open to the public, so get ready to enjoy some live outdoor music this summer in the heart of downtown!
Posted to Community Updates on 2/23/23.